Published on 08/11/2023
Wyser is looking for a Global Head of Legal based in Madrid for a company in the renewable energies sector.
• 10 years of experience in legal area of industry preferably within the renewable energy.
• Ability to demonstrate thorough expertise in the area of: Energy, Corporate, M&A, Financial and Construction Law
• Reporting to the CEO of the company.
• Fluent in English (Must).
• Willingness to travel.
• Deep knowledge of the renewable energy sector (SPV structures, all types of contracts, EPC, MOU...).
• Combined experience of in-house legal advisor and external corporate lawyer (is a great advantage)
• Proven Collaborative style of leadership experience in managing and motivating teams.
• MBA or comparable education
• Providing counseling and advising management on legal issues, compliance and legal risk management
• Taking responsibility in legal area of the Solar PV Projects
• Conducting legal analysis, research and reviews on a variety of legal issues, national and international laws, and risk evaluation
• Monitoring and appraising legal performance and maintain a strong internal control environment
• Development of legal organizational strategies by contributing business orientated and entrepreneurial solutions
• Actively monitors and reports monthly on activity and performance
• Develops strong working relationship in all departments and the specific subsidiaries
• Consolidates and continuously improves general processes as well as in cooperation with Headquarters
• Ensures the effective operation of the subsidiaries to achieve the business goals
• Representing the company in stakeholder meetings as well as being able to represent specific countries
• Compliance with local laws as Director and Workplace Safety as well as with SIG policies.
• Support on the Financing side (issuing Bonds, closing development facilities with Investment Funds, closing Project Finance with Banks, buying and selling development projects on construction issues.
• Management of powers of attorney and pledges in each country, where to register them and understand their operations.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with the capability to translate complex financial and investment data into actionable insights.
• Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey legal financial and investment information to diverse stakeholders.
• Adaptability and Resilience: Comfortable operating in a fast-paced and evolving industry, with the ability to navigate ambiguity and drive change.
Discover all the news on
the world of work